Install Forge for Minecraft
These are instructions on installing and using Forge.
Note: You will first need to Download Java Minecraft.
1. Go to this page.
2. Choose the version of Minecraft you want.
3. Click "Show all downloads".
4. On the first line, roll over the "i" next to Installer-win (on Windows) or Installer (on Mac and Linux)
5. Click the "Direct Download" link in the pop-up box.
6. Download the file and run it.
7. Make sure "Install Client" is selected and press OK.
8. Open the Minecraft Launcher.
9. Make sure your normal profile is selected.
10. Click "Edit Profile".
11. Open the "Use Version" dropdown and select "release 1._-Forge__.__._.____".
12. Click "Save Profile".
13. Play Minecraft!
14. Minecraft might take longer to launch and there might be a Forge logo in the corner with a few progress bars.
15. Make sure that there is a Mods button in the Minecraft menu!